New Habits

High Fructose Corn Syrup...

Yeah. It's in ketchup, pop, dressings, maple syrup, etc. 

I hate the crap.

And what's worse is the stuff that is sugar-free has aspartame in it. Which pretty much turns into embalming fluid in your body. Disgusting!


A major part of my "new" eating habits is to totally cut out High Fructose Corn Syrup. Which means, no more pop or the highly coveted Coca-Cola! However, most things in glass bottles have "sugar" in them and not that disgusting syrup. But, it's still a manufactured sugar that was designed in a lab. 


Another major part of my new eating habits is to eat organically whenever I can. I plan, this summer, to purchase grass-fed and medication free beef, poultry, and pork. I think the lack of all the chemicals in the meat and dairy products will help me as well. Those chemicals collect in your gut. 


I thought about Gluten Free. Apparently, it's the new "cool" thing to do. Along with the coolness factor, it is better for you. Although, I've heard it's quite hard to bake with it. I'm sure I can figure it out. 


My husband grew up vegetarian, so giving things up for him is simple. Not for me. My family is a huge beef-eating family. Steak, burgers, etc. I've been substituting a lot of ground beef with ground turkey or TVP, which is Textured Vegetable Product. Chili is pretty tasty that way. 


I am surprised at how easy this diet has been and how powerful it has become. I was starving on my way home from the salon this afternoon, and I drove past every single food joint. I came home and had a salad with mixed greens, peppers, and tomatoes with red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. It was awesome. 


I weighed myself today, and I am proud to say that from Sunday, (which my weight was posted yesterday) I am another 2.2 pounds lighter. 


Weight Today: 245.8





1 comments:

Unknown said...

I was thinking about purchasing the 17 day diet book. What's your take? Have you continued your weight loss goals beyond January?

I'd love to hear more.

Post a Comment

Followers